I started this the night I wrote a blog about it a few days ago.
I thought this was a perfect way to use my scraps. So I started with 6x6 in muslin and I planned on cutting it down to 5.5x5.5.
So you start off by just sewing two scrap fabric strings together.
Then you iron and then you sew another scrap fabric on both sides
Here is a picture of it being ironed after sewing a piece on both sides
So you keep doing this till you fill out all the muslin. Which actually took longer than I thought it would. I really didn't plan out these blocks, just whatever I pulled out of my scrap stash was added. Some of my strings were too long and so I had to cut them but then it was a prefect size to be added to another block.
Here it is befor I cut it. Looks really wonky. When I read the website they said the best string quilts are the ones that aren't planned and just done as people go, I wasn't too sure about that but okay I decided to cut to see how it goes.
Here is my four blocks right now. It actually did turn out pretty good. I actually over estimated the amount of scraps I have so this will be all for now till I create more scraps to make string quilt blocks out of.
I actually think this was an excellent way to use scraps that are string like. ^_^