Thursday, October 18, 2007

Cutting Tip

During the Mystery Quilt day two Sundays ago. We had a new quilter join us - Patti.

She was super new. Holly and her Husband, Mike were teaching her how to cut fabric correctly.

There was a tip that Holly gave her.

When cutting multiple strips from the same fabric, you want to cut the bigger one first because if you mess up you can probably easily convert them to the small strip sizes.

I never did that! But it's sooo logical. Why have I never thought of it? Anyways totally doing that from now on and I feel that it will be quite helpful in the future.

I know this seems random but I was thinking about starting a new quilt in my mind while staring at a test and that tip totally came in my mind when I was thinking about cutting dimensions.

No comments: